CHOOSE A SPECIALIST
Most psychologists don't specialize in any disorder. They usually use one treatment approach to treat every disorder. Just as medical doctors specialize, I have chosen to specialize in ADHD and Depression. I also use tools from many treatment approaches to solve these specific problems in contrast to therapists who use one theory and limited set of tools to treat all disorders.
COMPREHENSIVE TREATMENT FOR FAMILIES
If your child has ADHD, I work with the whole family. My treatment package includes 12 sessions for the entire family. I meet with the whole family at the beginning and end of each session for parent coaching and family therapy. I meet with the child for 40 minutes between the family meetings for traditional play therapy and "work" therapy which includes one-on-one coaching, building emotional intelligence, stress management and finding and focusing on a child's gifts.
- Improved motivation, drive and persistence
- Improved family communication and harmony
- Higher level of attention, focus and problem solving
- Increased resourcefulness for child and family
- Increased focus on what's working rather than what's not working
- Building necessary educational and interpersonal skills
Create Real World Success:
- Increase Motivation by Decreasing Depletion
- Increase Motivation by Noticing Progress
- Increase Motivation by Focusing on Positive Feelings
- Increase Motivation by Asking "Why do I want to change?"
- Increase Confidence by Identifying Strengths
- Increase Confidence by Listing Past Successes
- Increase Organization by Reframing
- Increase Organization by Decreasing Emotional Upsets
- Increase Organization with Technology
- Increase Time Management by Taking 10 minutes Each Morning
- Increase Time Management by Building New Habits
- Increase Time Management by Using Prompts and Reminders